Frequently Asked Question
Fox Chapel Accounts are used by staff and students to log in to computers, the help desk and other technology services. Changing a Fox Chapel Account password will update all services that utilize the account. These options are only available if you are physically in the Fox Chapel Area School District. Remote users should contact the help desk 412-967-4418.
- A minimum of 12 characters consisting of:
At least one upper-case letter
At least two special characters
At least one number
Click here for password creation tips
Change from macOS:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Users & Groups.
- Select your user name from the list of users.
- Click the Change Password button, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Change from Windows
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
- Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
- Press Enter.
Change from any device:
The password for a Fox Chapel Account can be reset by visiting account.fcasd.edu from any device.
Changing from a DMS Student iPad:
Students at DMS may also change their password from the their assigned iPad by tapping the FCASD Account Web Clip on the home screen of their device:
Please Note: After a successful password change on a macOS device, you may be prompted to update your keychain, you will be presented with several options, choose "Create New Keychain".
Forgotten Passwords: In order to change a password with this tool, the current password must be known. For a forgotten password, please visit the help desk or submit a help desk ticket.